About Kauffman Stadium...
Kauffman Stadium is part of the Truman Sports Complex which holds Arrowhead Stadium. It opened in 1973 in the age of cookie-cutter stadiums being built around the country. A major renovation in 2009 reduced the seating capacity to around 38,000 and opened up wider concourses as well as fountain view terraces.
Kauffman Stadium was home to the 2012 MLB All-Star Baseball Game.
- Opened on April 10, 1973
- 330 feet down the left field line
- 390 feet in left center field
- 410 feet in center field
- 390 feet in right center field
- 330 feet down the right field line
- Kauffman Stadium has the best visibility for hitters in the majors.
- Royals’ 1985 World Series cup and other trophies are on display through the sixth inning of each game at Section 107.
- A 12-story high scoreboard towers above the outfield.
- Upper-deck fans near foul poles sit in relative darkness during night games.