About Tropicana Field...
Tropicana Field, located in St. Petersburg, has some of the most unique features you can find. It's the only ballpark in the country that boasts an artificial playing turf with all-dirt basepaths. That's not the only interesting feature; where else can you find a 10,000 gallon fish tank that features more than 30 cownose rays?
- 315 feet down the left field line
- 370 feet in left center field
- 410 feet in center field
- 370 feet in right center field
- 322 feet down the right field line
- Features one of the world’s largest cable-supported domed roofs. The translucent, Teflon-coated fiber glass roof is illuminated orange when the Rays win at home.
- 100 high-backed upholstered “Scout Seats” located in the first few rows behind home plate feature individual monitors showing views from all stadium cameras, statistics and special concession menus.
- Stadium has hosted hockey, basketball, football, soccer, tennis, weightlifting, ping pong, karate, gymnastics, figure skating, 5-K runs, equestrian events, motorcycling, sprint car, monster truck and mud bog racing.