About the Rogers Centre...
Rogers Centre is a multi-use venue that opened in 1989 and houses the Toronto Blue Jays. You'll also find other events from concerts to trade shows. It even hosted games for the Buffalo Bills. The stadium seats more than 49,000 for a baseball game.
- 328 feet down the left field line
- 375 feet in left center field
- 400 feet in center field
- 375 feet in right center field
- 328 feet down the right field line
- Site of the 1991 All-Star game.
- Jumbotron scoreboard is 33-feet by 115-feet and has 420,000 light bulbs, the largest in the world.
- Apex of the retracted dome is 310 feet making it the tallest in Major League Baseball.
- There are no bleachers.
- When the roof is open, the closed end of the stadium serves as a wind scoop which causes a downdraft in the outfield that tends to prevent home runs.