About Progressive Field...
Nestled in downtown Cleveland, Progressive Field is the premiere home of local baseball heroes, the Cleveland Indians. The ballpark, built in 1994, anchors the Gateway Sports and Entertainment Complex, and it also marks one of Cleveland's revivals for sports fans.
- Opened: 1994
- 325 feet down the left field line
- 370 feet in left center field
- 405 feet in center field
- 375 feet in right center field
- 325 feet down the right field line
- Original stadium plan was for a downtown domed stadium, but local voters rejected an increase in property taxes to fund the proposal.
- Funded by a 15-year “luxury tax” on alcohol and cigarette sales passed in a May 1990 referendum.
- Between June 12, 1995 and April 4, 2001 the ballpark set a major league record by selling out 455 straight games