About Nationals Park...Enjoy a night game at Nationals Park and you'll see the Capitol in the distance. Located in Southeast Washington, this 41,000 seat venue was the first major league stadium to achieve "Green" standards. Because the stadium is built below street level, more than half of the fans will never climb a stair to get to their seat.
- 41,888 seats
- 336 feet down the left field line
- 377 feet in left center field
- 402 feet in center field
- 370 feet in right center field
- 335 feet down the right field line
- The infield dirt comes from Maryland and is topped off with Turface that is a shade of deep red.
- Layers of fill and old bricks were found 12-14 feet below grade, indicating the probability of roads and habitation at this level in the 1800s, until trash/fill was dumped to the existing level